If you plan to enrich your diet with protein mainly through the use of soy products, take your time. Soy can cause undesirable processes in the body such as inflammation, the development of malignant neoplasms, hormonal disruption and more.
Plant foods like soy are high in protein. Despite the fact that soy is a fairly common food, there are a number of reasons to exclude it from your diet. If you are concerned about your health, it will be helpful for you to know about it.
Here’s what you need to know about a product like soy
1. Soy has a high concentration of phytates (phytic acid) – compounds that interfere with the proper absorption of key minerals, namely calcium (Ca), magnesium (Mg), iron (Fe), zinc (Zn).
Subscribe to our INSTAGRAM account!
2. Soy contains a high percentage of trypsin inhibitors. Trypsin is an enzyme that our pancreas synthesizes, and is necessary for the normal assimilation of proteins. Trypsin inhibitors disrupt the digestion of proteins and provoke pancreatic disease.
3. The phytates in soy interfere with the absorption of trace elements calcium (Ca) and magnesium (Mg).
4. Soy causes hormone dysfunction.
Sex hormones. Science is still figuring out whether soy activates the development of cancer cells (more specifically, in the case of breast cancer) and whether an increase in malignant neoplasms, the development of which depends on estrogen, is associated with it. It is still difficult to answer exactly such questions, but it is known that soy is a phytoestrogen – a source of plant-derived estrogen. And this indicates that soy can provoke hormonal disruption in both men and women.
five. The raw material for soy products is genetically modified soybeans (their DNA is altered). Genetically modified food provokes allergies, oncology, it is less nutritious and more toxic, harms the digestive tract, endocrine and immune systems.
6. Soy products such as tofu, tempeh, soy milk, etc. undergo colossal technological processing… Therefore, soy-based products (meat substitutes) include harmful ingredients (processed vegetable oils, preservatives) that cause inflammation.
Subscribe to Econet in Pinterest!
7. Soy contains a high concentration of omega-6 fatty acids, which increase inflammation in the body.
8. Soy milk provokes the liver to synthesize insulin-like growth factor-1 (a hormone similar to insulin), which activates the aging mechanism. Special studies have confirmed the connection between IGF-1 and some types of cancer.
If you think that soy can be your main source of protein in your diet, then purchase only organic soy products. A suitable scenario is soybeans or their fermented versions (tofu / tempeh). In this case, you will not harm your body. Published by econet.ru
Subscribe to our youtube channel!
The best publications in the Telegram channel Econet.ru
PS And remember, just by changing your consumption – together we are changing the world! © econet
* Articles from Econet.ru are intended for informational and educational purposes only and do not replace professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult your doctor for any questions you may have about your health condition.