Fatigue of the adrenal glands manifests itself in the form of such signs: anxiety, excessive tension, exhaustion, cravings for salty, sweet foods, licorice, low libido, insomnia. How can adrenal fatigue be diagnosed to prevent this unwanted condition of the body?
What are the causes of adrenal fatigue? There are actually quite a few of them. For example, a tense psychological atmosphere at work, emotional distress, difficulties on the personal front, chronic illness, infection, surgery, physical pain, severe grief, material problems, lack of sleep, depression, anxiety.
Symptoms of adrenal fatigue
If a person answers yes to most of the questions, there is a high probability that they have adrenal fatigue.
Subscribe to our INSTAGRAM account!
Questions to help identify adrenal fatigue
- Do I feel tired for no apparent reason?
- Do I have a systematic mental retardation?
- Do I feel more cheerful at night?
- Do I have an irresistible craving for salty, sweet food, licorice?
- Do I feel depressed, anxious, over-stressed, exhausted?
- Is it difficult for me to lose weight?
- Is there distraction / is there a feeling that short-term memory is malfunctioning?
- Do I maintain my tone by regularly consuming sugar, caffeine, smoking?
- Does it happen that during the day I rush to redo many different things?
- Do I feel unreasonable anxiety, irritability, nervousness?
- Do I have low sex drive?
- Do I suffer from intermittent sleep, insomnia?
Subscribe to Econet in Pinterest!
If you have a tonometer, we recommend that you do the following procedure: lie down for five minutes, measure your blood pressure and record the result. Do not remove the cuff, take an upright position and immediately measure your pressure again. Normally, the upper value increases or does not change… Its fall is an indication that you have adrenal fatigue. For the correctness of the experiment, you can carry out this test again.
Indicator of steroid hormone DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone), which is responsible for the body’s energy level, is determined through a blood test. If your DHEA reading is low, you probably have an abnormal adrenal function.
How does this affect the appearance?
In addition to unwanted fat accumulation in the waist area and the appearance of dark bags under the eyes, adrenal fatigue is detrimental to skin health. The body loses a lot of energy, forcing the adrenal glands to work, and it can no longer transport the necessary substances to our skin. If appropriate measures and treatment are not taken in time, adrenal fatigue can accelerate the aging mechanism, and a person will look older than his biological age.
Subscribe to our youtube channel!
The best publications in the Telegram channel Econet.ru
PS And remember, just by changing your consumption – together we are changing the world! © econet
* Articles from Econet.ru are intended for informational and educational purposes only and do not replace professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult your doctor for any questions you may have about your health condition.