Insufficient iron in the body is the most common form of disease, which develops in 90% of cases. Regardless of the reasons, iron deficiency leads to malfunctions in the body, deterioration of health, and chronic fatigue. If this condition continues for a long time, then iron deficiency anemia develops. How to identify a lack of iron in the body in the early stages?
The main manifestations of iron deficiency
If you notice such manifestations in yourself, then you should consult a doctor who will conduct an examination and prescribe to donate blood for a general analysis.
Pay attention to the indicators:
- Hemoglobin – normally should be 130 and above;
- Color index – not less than 0.85;
- The average level of hemoglobin in erythrocytes is not less than 27 pg;
- The average volume of erythrocytes is not less than 85 fl;
- Red blood cell distribution – less than 16%
- Serum iron index – not less than 20 µmol / l;
In addition, the level of ferritin, a protein that reflects the reserves of iron in the body, can indicate a deficiency. The norm is a ferritin index of at least 70-100 μg / l. But an increase in protein can be not only with a lack of iron, but also with other disorders, for example, in inflammatory processes, so you need to focus on clinical manifestations and characteristic symptoms.
Subscribe to Econet in Pinterest!
The best publications in the Telegram channel Econet.ru
PS And remember, just by changing your consumption – together we are changing the world! © econet
* Articles from Econet.ru are intended for informational and educational purposes only and do not replace professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult your doctor for any questions you may have about your health condition.