Arrangement of a gas pipeline to provide a private dwelling or site is referred to as complex technical tasks due to the explosion hazard of household gas.
Carrying out gasification of the premises, one should treat each stage of this work with great care, since any mistake is fraught with very serious consequences.
Gasification of the house
- Recommendations for the selection of gas pipes
- Features of the use of different types of gas pipes
- Regulations for gas pipelines in apartments
- Ventilation and safety
- Private house gasification standards
- Sequence and installation rules
Recommendations for the selection of gas pipes
Most often, gas pipelines for honest houses and apartments are equipped with metal products. Steel pipes for gas supply are characterized by the ability to perfectly withstand internal pressure. Such a pipeline is completely sealed, which reduces the risk of gas leakage to zero. When choosing steel pipes for gas pipelines, it is necessary to take into account the pressure in the gas pipeline.
Conditions in gas pipelines can be as follows:
- With low pressure – up to 0.05 kgf / cm2.
- With an average pressure – from 0.05 to 3.0 kgf / cm2.
- With high pressure – from 3 to 6 kgf / cm2.
What pipes are used for the gas pipeline? The use of thin-walled metal pipes is only permitted on low pressure gas pipelines. This material is extremely lightweight, which makes it possible to equip systems with complex configurations from it. Also, thin-walled metal pipes are distinguished by good flexibility: if it is necessary to give such a product a small angle, you can do without a pipe bender by doing everything by hand.
If necessary, such a pipe for a gas pipeline can be easily soldered. In addition, special connecting fittings can be used for threaded steel pipes. To connect thin-walled bell-shaped elements, only hemp sealing fiber is used.
Features of the use of different types of gas pipes
High-pressure gas pipelines are equipped exclusively with massive pipes. If increased strength requirements are imposed on the line, the use of steel pipes without seams will be required. You should be prepared for the fact that welding of such elements is a much more complicated procedure than soldering thin-walled pipes.
From the point of view of optimal performance, copper pipes stand out: in many respects they are preferable to thick-walled steel products. In terms of reliability, both of these varieties are almost the same, but copper weighs much less. Their high cost keeps copper pipes from mass use in everyday life.
When using thin-walled pipes, one should take into account their high thermal conductivity, which is why condensation often occurs on their surface. It is recommended to coat the finished gas system with several coats of oil paint to protect against corrosion. Underground gas pipelines are organized using plastic pipes, which are characterized by flexibility, elasticity and low cost. Most often these are products made of polypropylene or polyethylene.
For example, polyethylene pipes for gas perfectly tolerate underground conditions when gasifying private properties. If it is required to equip the summer cottage with a low-pressure gas pipeline, black polyethylene pipes with the corresponding yellow marking are used. High pressure polyethylene pipes are not used as a gas pipeline.
Indoor gas distribution is carried out with vulcanized rubber hoses with textile reinforcement. They are not suitable for high pressure: they are usually used to connect gas stoves to cylinders or gas water heaters.
The use of flexible hoses has the following limitations:
- If the air temperature in the area exceeds +45 degrees.
- If seismic activity of more than 6 points is possible on the territory.
- With high pressure inside the gas pipeline system.
- If you need to equip any room, tunnel or collector with a gas pipeline.
All of these situations are prohibited for using HDPE pipes as a gas pipeline. It is safer to stop at a thin-walled or seamless type steel gas pipe.
Regulations for gas pipelines in apartments
Before starting to develop a plan for gasification of a dwelling, all the circumstances of its operation are clarified. This can be a kitchen, where stoves and water heaters are supplied with gas, or a boiler room, where there is gas heating equipment. Gas pipelines inside the apartments have special requirements.
To achieve safety and comfort when using the gas pipeline, the following standards must be observed during its installation and operation:
- Living quarters cannot be a place for laying gas pipes. The same goes for air ducts and ventilation shafts.
- Install a thin-walled metal pipe so that it does not block the window or doorway.
- Laying gas pipes in hard-to-reach places is prohibited. First of all, we mean various decorative wall claddings, unless they can be quickly dismantled. Any section of the gas pipeline must be provided with quick access in case of emergencies.
- The distance between the gas pipe and the floor surface is at least 200 cm.
- If flexible sections of a gas pipeline from a thin-walled pipe are used, then their length cannot be more than 300 cm. The connection of individual fragments of the system must be performed efficiently.
- It is possible to install gas communications only in those rooms where the ceiling is not lower than 220 cm. Good ventilation must be provided.
- When laying gas pipes in the kitchen, its ventilation system cannot be adjacent to the rest of the living rooms.
- When finishing the ceiling and walls near the gas communication, it is required to use non-combustible plaster. If plaster is not used indoors, then metal sheets with a thickness of at least 3 mm can be used to insulate the walls.
Ventilation and safety
When installing a gas water heater, an exhaust pipe must be used. It is prohibited to use a flexible aluminum corrugated pipe for these purposes. Column exhaust pipes can only be steel or galvanized. It is recommended to equip a gas column, like any other heating device, with fuses: they will cut off the gas supply in the event of a flame extinguishing.
Features of the arrangement of a gas pipeline in the kitchen from thin-walled metal pipes:
- Work begins by shutting off the gas supply valve.
- If the gas pipe in the kitchen needs to be moved, the gas pipe must be pre-purged to remove the remaining gas from the system.
- The gas pipe on the wall must be very well fixed. To do this, the product includes clamps and brackets: they are used taking into account the diameter and length of the pipeline.
- When passing an electric cable near the gas pipeline, a distance of 25 cm should be observed between them.The gas system and the electrical switchboard should be 50 cm apart from each other.
- The gas piped kitchen system should not be adjacent to refrigeration appliances such as a refrigerator or freezer. If you close the gas pipes with a refrigerator, its radiator is likely to overheat.
- When installing thin-walled gas pipes, the heaters and gas stove should be removed.
- It is forbidden to lay gas pipes in the kitchen on the floor surface, under the sink, near the dishwasher.
- When carrying out repair work, it is advisable not to use artificial light sources. The room must be constantly ventilated.
These standards can be guided by the operation of both ready-made gas systems and the installation or transfer of gas pipelines.
Private house gasification standards
Notify your local gas service before starting work. The responsibility of this organization is to provide technical specifications to determine the procedure for gasification. When the technical agreement is completed, an individual project is being developed for the upcoming work. Permission for laying gas communications should also be obtained from representatives of the automobile inspection.
If some houses in this area are already gasified, then you only need to connect a gas pipe to the main highway. In this case, the gas service is obliged to notify about the parameters of the working pressure in the main pipeline. This will make it possible to choose the right pipes for arranging your site.
The gas supply system can be autonomous or central: it depends on which source this section will be supplied from. Private houses can be equipped with aboveground and underground gas pipelines. It is not very difficult to assemble and install gas pipes on the site – it is usually done much faster than obtaining the appropriate permits.
When laying the gas pipeline, observe the following sequence:
- Lay the piping from the distributor to the dwelling. If necessary, insert into the main gas pipeline.
- A cabinet with a pressure reducing reducer is used to enter the pipe inside the house.
- Next, you need to organize the piping around the premises (kitchen, boiler room). For this, a pipe for a low pressure gas pipeline is used.
- Carry out commissioning procedures, commissioning of equipment, check the gas stove and the column for operability. Most often, this requires the presence of a gas inspector.
The structure of a gas pipeline in a private house consists of the same points as a similar system in an apartment.
Sequence and installation rules
Installation work should be carried out according to the following rules:
- When laying gas pipes underground, the optimum depth is 1.25 – 2 m.
- At the section where the pipe is inserted into the house, the depth should be reduced to 0.75 – 1.25 m.
- Liquefied gas can be transported at a depth below the depth of soil freezing.
- When installing a gas boiler, it should be noted that one piece of equipment must have a room area of 7.5 m2.
- To install boilers and dispensers with a capacity of less than 60 kW, rooms of at least 2.4 m are required.
An autonomous gas source in the backyard area is carried out in accordance with specific safety standards. This will guarantee the normal functioning of the stove, column and boiler. The underground reservoir should be located no closer than 15 m from the well, 7 m from the outbuildings, and 10 m from the house. The most popular types of such reservoirs are 2.7 – 6.4 m3.
Rules for laying underground gas pipelines:
- What pipes are used for a gas pipeline in this case? With a positive result of the soil test for corrosiveness, it is better to refrain from laying underground communications. The exception is situations when high-voltage lines pass nearby: in this case, the pipes are laid underground using additional insulation.
- If a polyethylene pipeline is laid, products with high strength (PE-80, PE-100) are used for this. PE-80 pipes are able to withstand working pressure up to 0.6 MPa: if this indicator is higher, it is better to use PE-100 products or steel pipes for high-pressure gas pipeline. The depth of penetration into the ground is at least one meter.
- Communications with a working pressure above about 6 MPa are allowed to be equipped with reinforced polyethylene pipes. Requirements for the depth of the bookmark are also from one meter.
- In areas where arable work or abundant irrigation will be carried out, the depth of the gas pipeline will increase to 1.2 m.
If you adhere to all the above requirements and rules, you can do the construction of an underground gas pipeline yourself. published by econet.ru
Subscribe to our Yandex Zen channel!
If you have any questions on this topic, ask the specialists and readers of our project here.
PS And remember, just by changing your consumption – together we are changing the world! © econet