Many people notice how with the onset of the cold season, the mood worsens, they do not want to do anything, they lose confidence in themselves, and are tormented by anxiety and apathy. The emotional state is greatly influenced by hormones that are produced in the cerebral cortex, intestines and adrenal glands. How to increase your production of serotonin, a hormone that improves your mood?
Serotonin is a neurohormone that helps transmit nerve impulses. It is formed from tryptophan, an acid that is obtained only from food. Serotonin helps in the production of melatonin, which is responsible for proper sleep and maintaining youth and health. Loneliness, quarrels with loved ones, professional problems and other troubles lead to a lack of hormone.
Healthy Ways to Raise Serotonin
There are unhealthy and healthy ways to increase your body’s serotonin levels. The unhealthy ones include various addictions: on food, in particular sweets, alcoholic beverages, smoking, gambling addiction and other harmful addictions. Their satisfaction provokes a sharp release of the hormone of pleasure for a short time, but in return causes severe damage to physical and mental health.
Subscribe to our INSTAGRAM account!
Raising serotonin correctly
- successes and achievements in any field of activity, good relationships in the family stimulate synthesis;
- positive thinking and pleasant fantasies;
- prayer, spiritual practices;
- physical activity, especially in the fresh air, walking;
- intimacy with a loved one;
- improve gut health (as 90% of serotonin is produced in it);
- increase the diet of foods rich in tryptophan.
Foods – sources of tryptophan (ranked in descending order):
- Red and white fish caviar.
- Hard cheese varieties.
- Nuts and soybeans.
- Meat, fish and dairy products.
- Cocoa beans.
In addition, the intake of vitamins and minerals, especially group B, foods containing saturated omega 3 acids can help the production of serotonin. Some tryptophan is found in fresh vegetables and fruits, curcumin, which is found in the popular seasoning turmeric. The herb St. John’s wort increases the production of the hormone of happiness, it can be consumed in the form of an infusion or tea. Published by econet.ru
Subscribe to our youtube channel!
The best publications in the Telegram channel Econet.ru
PS And remember, just by changing your consumption – together we are changing the world! © econet
* Articles from Econet.ru are intended for informational and educational purposes only and do not replace professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult your doctor for any questions you may have about your health condition.