A person needs adequate sleep to stay active and feel good. With a lack of sleep, neurosis and depression often develop, excess weight appears, the skin condition and general well-being deteriorate. During rest, the processes of tissue repair and regeneration are triggered in the body, which makes you look younger.
During sleep, the body produces important hormones that affect activity and performance, regulate metabolism. When the rest regime is violated, the hormonal background changes, the “circadian rhythm” and the biological clock go astray. Absent-mindedness appears, immunity cannot cope with infections.
The first signs of lack of sleep
Regular and full sleep is a guarantee of good mood and well-being. At night, the body recovers strength, normalizes metabolic processes, so it is important to get enough sleep for at least 7-8 hours.
Subscribe to our INSTAGRAM account!
Doctors identify several characteristic symptoms of sleep deprivation that should be paid attention to:
- Decreased concentration of attention. Lack of sleep makes it difficult to concentrate on work, typos and errors appear, and reactions become slower. The brain does not have time to process information, so it is difficult to make decisions.
- Constant feeling of tiredness… If the body has not recovered in a short nap, metabolism and other processes are severely inhibited. The desire to sleep appears already in the first half of the day.
- Cravings for sweets. In case of lack of sleep, the body often “requires” stimulants in the form of a second cup of coffee, chocolate, sweets.
- Frequent SARS and runny nose. With a lack of sleep, the immune system does not work fully, so a person catches a cold even in the warm season, suffers from a sore throat and persistent rhinitis. In the blood, the level of leukocytes decreases by 3 times, so any infection proceeds with serious complications.
- Constant hunger. Lack of sleep increases the level of the hormone ghrelin, which stimulates appetite. Frequent snacking can lead to overeating and obesity.
- Decreased libido. Lack of sleep is directly related to a lack of sex drive due to disturbed hormonal levels.
With a lack of sleep, a person’s health and well-being deteriorates, chronic diseases worsen. A sign of lack of sleep can be mood swings, tears, or laughing for no reason.
With constant lack of sleep, a person gradually gets used to a strenuous regime and a rest regime of 5-6 hours. But metabolic processes change in the body, latent diseases and disorders appear. This is fraught with early aging, chronic depression and other serious conditions. Published by econet.ru
Subscribe to Econet in Pinterest!
The best publications in the Telegram channel Econet.ru
PS And remember, just by changing your consumption – together we are changing the world! © econet
* Articles from Econet.ru are intended for informational and educational purposes only and do not replace professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult your doctor for any questions you may have about your health condition.