Do you think aging is related to age? In fact, the start of this process is due to the impact of abdominal fat, low physical activity and constant stressful situations that provoke an increase in the level of the hormone cortisol.
A well-known expert in the field of hormonal naturopathy is Sara Gottfried, whose works have allowed many to solve the problem of early aging of the body. Scientists have proven that a certain effect on the so-called growth hormone (GH) can slow down the aging process. Let’s find out why this is possible.
GH is especially active in adolescence, it is he who is responsible for the condition of muscles and tissues, and affects metabolic processes. A decrease in its level has a negative effect on our body. There is an opinion that the decrease in sexuality in men and women with age is also associated with GH, but there is no evidence for this, although an increase in libido is noted after hormone therapy.
What is growth hormone?
Thanks to GR, each of us was able to grow. When the hormone fulfilled its main function, a number of important tasks appeared before it – to strengthen muscles, promote cell growth and the breakdown of fats, and increase bone mineralization. He participates in “construction” and “dismantling”. When there is no disturbance in our bodies, GH interacts with cortisol and adrenaline to help burn fat and build muscle. But when it is not enough in the body or it does not work properly, then we rapidly gain weight, lose energy and feel unhappy.
Subscribe to our INSTAGRAM account!
According to the results of the conducted studies, people with normal levels of growth hormone have a stable emotional background, are sexually active and do not suffer from social isolation, in contrast to those who are diagnosed with GH deficiency.
The main symptoms indicating a lack of this important hormone in the body are:
- excess weight;
- decrease in muscle mass;
- decreased bone density;
- constant feeling of anxiety;
- high resistance to insulin, which provokes the development of type 2 diabetes mellitus;
- increased triglyceride levels;
- high blood pressure (hypertension);
Symptoms clearly show how negatively hormone deficiency can have on our lives.
When does growth hormone work to the detriment and why is its production reduced?
It is an indisputable fact that with age, the body produces less growth hormone. But, when the level of GH decreases and a person gets older, new opportunities appear, in particular, it is possible to consciously maintain the required hormonal parameters.
In addition, there are a number of other interesting facts:
- Compared to age, abdominal fat has a greater effect on GH levels;
- • the amount of the hormone depends on physical activity;
- the decrease in the hormone is facilitated by constant stress, which increases the level of cortisol. The human body is set up to fight minor stresses, the “surge” of cortisol helped our ancestors find a way out, who were attacked by mammoths and helped out when any of the road users abruptly turned into our lane.
Miracles happen when both hormones (growth and cortisol) work in harmony, then people feel great, they are cheerful, energetic and quickly find a way out of stressful situations.
High levels of cortisol in the body are indicative of chronic stress and cause “chaos” between other important hormones, especially insulin and GH.
Important! With high insulin and abnormal amounts of growth hormone, cortisol becomes unpredictable, causing the body to store fat and burn muscle.
Studies have shown that in adolescent girls who were overweight and had low levels of growth hormone, fat accumulated mainly in the abdomen, and the body’s resistance to insulin increased, which in the future could provoke obesity and the development of diabetes. It turns out the following situation – at night the level of cortisol rises, and the production of growth hormone decreases.
Even one sleepless night increases the likelihood of gaining weight, developing insulin resistance and developing diabetes. Sleep disturbances, low GH content, unbalanced diet and high blood sugar levels of 100% will cause a person to feel unwell, self-doubt and lethargy.
5 ways to increase your GH levels
There are several ways to increase the amount of growth hormone after forty years. But first of all, you need to pass a special test that will allow you to find out if the pituitary gland can produce this hormone. This is not a simple test; during the procedure, the doctor takes blood samples 5 times every half hour, this should be done early in the morning before meals and in a state of complete rest (for at least 10 hours before testing, the body should not be subjected to physical activity, which can affect the level GR).
Subscribe to Econet on Pinterest!
If you know for sure that the GH level is low, you do not need to take the test, it is enough to adhere to the following recommendations:
- minimize your intake of sweets. Excessive sugar consumption raises insulin levels, causes body fat to accumulate, and lowers GH. In overweight people, the release of growth hormone is slowed down by high insulin. Include in your diet protein foods, healthy fats, vegetables and unsweetened fruits, legumes, nuts;
- get more rest. Full and deep sleep is important for health (at least eight hours), only in this state the body produces GH;
- avoid stress. Constant stress negatively affects the functioning of the body – the person becomes irritable, passive and has a craving for sweets. Find ways to relax, such as doing yoga, meditation, watching your favorite movies, or going for a walk in the fresh air. Learn to deal with stress and don’t let it lead you;
- exercise more. The level of GH can be rapidly increased (on average by 50%) in the process of explosive training;
- provoke the production of melatonin. Scientists have shown that producing 5 mg of melatonin every night is enough to normalize GH levels.
If you decide to take care of your own health, it is worth consulting with an endocrinologist and specialists in other fields to find out the true cause of your condition. But even if you yourself decide to try the above methods, they will only benefit your body and improve the quality of your life. published by econet.ru
Subscribe to our youtube channel!
The best publications in the Telegram channel Econet.ru
PS And remember, just by changing your consciousness – together we are changing the world! © econet
* Articles from Econet.ru are intended for informational and educational purposes only and do not replace professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult your doctor for any questions you may have about your health condition.