The correct position of the clavicle depends on the condition of the subclavian muscle. The subclavian muscle is weak, and problems can arise from falls on the side, blows to the shoulder, collarbone injuries. This is why it is so important to train this little muscle. Here is a special exercise for it.
The subclavian muscle is located in the anterior region of the shoulder girdle, it starts from the bone of the first rib and is attached to the clavicle. It is covered by the pectoral muscle. The task of the subclavian muscle is to hold the clavicle in the sternoclavicular joint. It also acts as an auxiliary respiratory muscle: when fixing the hands, it raises the first rib.
Exercise for the subclavian muscle
The subclavian muscle is easily injured, since it is small in size. For example, no one is immune from the usual fall on the shoulder.
Subscribe to our INSTAGRAM account!
Role of the subclavian muscle
The key function of this muscle is to stabilize the clavicle. The subclavian muscle holds it in the required position during the actions of the arm and neck. Few suspect that the weakness of this muscle is fraught with serious problems.
The subclavian muscle tends to be weak, it is useful to train it. For example, problems can arise when falling to one side, when hitting to the shoulder, with clavicle injuries.
The muscle is extremely important, as it fixes the collarbone in a normal position, and when it is weak, the collarbone begins to dangle. This has a negative effect on the sternocleidomastoid muscle: it will not work properly. In addition, all muscles attached to the clavicle will be dysfunctional (we are talking about the clavicular part of the pectoralis major and deltoid).
Symptoms of a weak subclavian muscle:
- Pain in the shoulder area.
- Numbness in the hands and / or fingers.
- Pain in the neck when turning.
- Various neck swivel range.
Before starting to train the subclavian muscle, it is useful to massage it for 1-2 minutes.… You can find a number of painful lesions in it, which are important to work out all the time before doing the exercise.…
In the meantime, there is no need to know about it. ”
Technique for performing an exercise for the subclavian muscle
- We stand in the doorway, press with our palm on the jamb from above with a straightened hand. When performing, we control the trajectory of the limb: the movement of the hand is directed exactly towards the ear.
- The other hand is placed on the muscle area under the collarbone to feel how it will tense. Palm pressure and muscle tension continue for 3-4 seconds.
- We repeat the action 5-10 times.
- We carry out three approaches.
Stretching the subclavian muscle
- Starting position: standing or sitting upright.
- We connect the palms together in front of the sternum, fingers pointing up.
- Raise your arms up, keeping your shoulders down in parallel, palms together, do not allow your forearms to move away from one another.
- Do not forget about breathing: the higher we raise our hands, the deeper the inhalation will be.published by econet.ru
Subscribe to our youtube channel!
The best publications in the Telegram channel Econet.ru
PS And remember, just by changing your consumption – together we are changing the world! © econet
* Articles from Econet.ru are intended for informational and educational purposes only and do not replace professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult your doctor for any questions you may have about your health condition.