Many people know about the healing properties of essential oils. They are used to fight infections, skin diseases and strengthen the immune system. But it is not recommended to use pure essential oils, they must be diluted with base oils.
You will learn about which oils are suitable as base oils in this article. Base oils contain vitamins, antioxidants, fatty acids and other substances useful for the body. When choosing a product, one should take into account the type of skin and the nature of the problems that have arisen with it. The use of carrier oils will minimize the side effects of potent essential oils.
Base oils for essential oils
The most common base oils are:
1. Coconut – quickly and deeply penetrates the skin. Contains unsaturated fatty acids, has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties. Moisturizes and nourishes the skin, evens out its tone. Suitable for the treatment of acne, herpes, eczema.
Subscribe to our INSTAGRAM account!
2. Almond – contains many antioxidants. Smoothes the surface of the skin and gives it a healthy look. It is used in the treatment of psoriasis and eczema.
3. Olive – contains beneficial fatty acids, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory substances. It moisturizes the skin well, relieves inflammation and accelerates wound healing, effectively fights infections, acne, dermatitis, psoriasis.
4 . Avocado – improves skin texture, heals wounds, strengthens hair.
5. Rosehip – contains C vitamin, accelerates the process of cell and tissue regeneration, helps get rid of age spots, improves skin texture, fights skin infections.
6. Flaxseed – improves digestion and heart function, helps in the treatment of skin diseases (psoriasis, eczema).
7. Sea buckthorn – contains antioxidants, essential fatty acids, vitamins E, D, C, A. Helps get rid of acne, stretch marks, dermatitis, eczema. Promotes accelerated healing of burns and wounds, strengthening the immune system.
8. Grapefruit – possesses antimicrobial and antiviral properties. Accelerates wound healing, nourishes and moisturizes the skin.
9. Jojoba – contains vitamins B and E, fatty acids. Soothes skin, unclogs pores and strengthens hair follicles.
10. Evening primrose – has anti-inflammatory properties. Relieves irritation, improves skin condition, normalizes hormone levels.
For the best effect, no matter what the problem is, 1-3 drops of any essential oil should be diluted with 1/2 teaspoon of the base oil.
Subscribe to Econet in Pinterest!
The best publications in the Telegram channel Econet.ru
PS And remember, just by changing your consumption – together we are changing the world! © econet
* Articles from Econet.ru are intended for informational and educational purposes only and do not replace professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult your doctor for any questions you may have about your health condition.