Diet plays a key role in maintaining our mental and physical health. Did you know that common spices can improve or restore optimal brain function?
Try incorporating these 10 spices into your daily diet while trying to cook with them to improve overall brain health and prevent, or at least delay, cognitive decline with age.
10 spices for the brain
1. Turmeric. Turmeric contains a substance that reduces plaque and nodules in the brain tissue that cause Alzheimer’s disease.
2. SAFFRON. Saffron extract is used as an effective antidepressant in the treatment of depressed patients as well as those suffering from various anxiety disorders.
Subscribe to our INSTAGRAM account!
3. SAGE. Sage improves the functioning of the hippocampus, the area of the brain responsible for memory.
4. Cinnamon. Cinnamon helps control attention and enhances concentration. It also helps regulate blood sugar levels, which lowers the hunger hormone ghrelin, while increasing levels of another hormone, leptin, which makes you feel full and reduces the risk of overeating.
5. BASIL. A common antioxidant that enhances blood flow to the heart and brain, has additional anti-inflammatory properties, protects against Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
6. THYME. It is responsible for increasing the amount of DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), an essential polyunsaturated fatty acid found in the brain. Optimal DHA intake is especially important for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers to ensure that the baby’s brain is forming properly.
7. OREGANO. Contains many beneficial antioxidants, making it one of the most powerful natural brain cell protectors.
8. GARLIC. Garlic promotes better blood flow to the brain and stops / kills cancer cells in brain tissue.
9. GINGER can make you smarter. Ginger root extract is beneficial in the treatment of Parkinson’s disease, as well as for those suffering from migraines, tension, and cluster headaches.
10. ROSEMARY. Recent studies have noted a beneficial effect of rosemary on the rate of cognitive decline in patients with dementia.published econet.ru…
Ask a question on the topic of the article here
PS And remember, just by changing your consumption – together we are changing the world! © econet