In the article, we will touch on the key points for using stone wool aspiration.
Everyone wants to save money when building a country house. Therefore, developers are looking for cheaper building materials. For example, instead of expensive mineral wool insulation in the form of slabs, they buy an inexpensive option – the so-called. aspiration of stone wool – a crumb obtained from its waste. Is this savings justified?
- Features and cost of stone wool aspiration
- Thermal insulation of a house with bulk basalt insulation in the form of crumb
Features and cost of stone wool aspiration
To understand the pros and cons of basalt wool crumbs, you need to understand what kind of material it is. Aspiration of mineral wool is a waste product. For example, from a factory where stone wool slabs or sandwich panels are produced. The cuttings are crushed and poured into bags with a volume of 0.2 – 0.3 m³ or big bags with a capacity of 500 – 1000 liters.
Those. aspiration – ordinary mineral wool insulation supplied in the form of crumb with a bulk density of 35 – 55 kg / m³.
The physical properties of thermal insulation directly affect the scope of its application and the features of the work. Aspiration manufacturers and sellers recommend placing the crumb only on horizontal surfaces so that it does not slide down over time, for example, in a wall. Tamping can increase the density of the installed insulation. Here, the main thing is not to overdo it. If you fanatically tamp the poured basalt chips, you can achieve a packing density of 100 kg / m³ or more. But, the worse the thermal insulation properties of this material will be.
The coefficient of thermal conductivity of aspiration, like stone wool, at normal humidity and density 40-80 kg / m³, = 0.041 – 0.042 W / (m · ° C).
So, bulk insulation has properties similar to ordinary stone wool. It is a non-combustible, vapor-permeable, loose material that must be protected from water vapor, condensation and atmospheric moisture.
The main advantage of aspiration is its low price. Compare: on average, 1 cube of stone wool chips costs 600 – 800 rubles, and the price of one cube of stone wool slabs varies, depending on the brand, from 1500 to 2000 rubles.
If you go to the manufacturers of stone wool or sandwich panels, who sell themselves or give aspiration for disposal, and not to resellers, then you can buy bulk mineral wool insulation even cheaper, or get it free of charge by self.
Thermal insulation of a house with bulk basalt insulation in the form of crumb
Although the price for aspiration is attractive, for most developers basalt chips are a pig in a poke. It is not clear how to work with her. Doesn’t it stick together over time. Will it get damp. Whether fine dust from mineral wool waste will cause allergies. And most importantly – will not such a kroilovo lead to a popalov?
Let’s summarize what has been said. So, the pros of mineral wool crumbs:
- low price;
- light weight;
- ease of installation;
- obtaining a continuous layer of insulation without the formation of “cold bridges”;
- high thermal insulation properties;
- the possibility of insulating hard-to-reach places – “pockets” in walls, in ceilings, etc.
Disadvantages of insulation obtained from waste stone wool production:
- thermal insulation is very dusty;
- increased requirements for the tightness of the seams and joints of steam, hydro- and wind-proof films;
- there is a risk of running into outright substandard;
- laying should be carried out using personal protective equipment – glasses, respirator, mask, tight clothing;
- if you overdo it with ramming, you can compact the crumb over the norm, which will lead to a decrease in its thermal insulation properties;
- great influence of the so-called “Human factor”, workers can be lazy and leave unconsolidated voids in the walls;
- it is difficult to predict how the insulation will behave in the long term, for example, whether it will not get damp and whether it will settle in 10-15-20 years.
Before using rock wool crumbs 10 times, consider if the savings are worth it! published by econet.ru
Subscribe to our Yandex Zen channel!
If you have any questions on this topic, ask the specialists and readers of our project here.
PS And remember, just by changing your consumption – together we are changing the world! © econet