Health and beauty

What is the difference between celiac disease and gluten intolerance?

Even an experienced gastroenterologist can make the mistake of confusing gluten intolerance with celiac disease. Yes, celiac disease is caused by gluten. With it, the villi of the small intestine are destroyed and lymphomas develop. People with celiac disease should urgently avoid foods containing gluten.

A condition such as gluten protein intolerance manifests itself in different forms. Often, even experienced gastroenterologists can mistake gluten intolerance for celiac disease.

How celiac disease is different from gluten intolerance

What is celiac disease

Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease of the small intestine caused by gluten. In this disease, the villi of the intestine are destroyed and lymphomas are formed – a serious intestinal disease, which implies a categorical exclusion of foods containing gluten from the dietary protocol.

Subscribe to our INSTAGRAM account!

In about 90% of cases, celiac disease is an unhealthy disease. These patients show genetic polymorphism, which contributes to the development of the disease. Of all those with gluten intolerance, only 1% are diagnosed with celiac disease. The remaining 99% show extraintestinal gluten-related symptoms outside the gut.

What is the difference between celiac disease and gluten intolerance?

Here is a list of possible symptoms that are caused by gluten, but are inherent in complications or accompanying celiac disease. Among other things, these symptoms can occur without any connection with celiac disease and are caused only by gluten.

But when they occur, it is important first of all to conduct special laboratory examinations in order to exclude gluten intolerance.

Celiac Disease Symptoms

In adults

In children

  • growth pathology,
  • vomiting
  • swollen belly
  • weight loss,
  • muscular lethargy
  • fetid feces
  • loss of appetite
  • gloomy mood,
  • pale skin,
  • fatigue,
  • diarrhea,
  • upper respiratory problems
  • constipation.
READ  Why excessive physical activity interferes with losing weight

Diseases caused by gluten protein intolerance

Gluten intolerance is associated with problems of the skin, liver, blood, nervous system, reproductive system. Among them:

  • type 1 diabetes
  • autoimmune thyroiditis (Hashimoto’s disease),
  • rheumatoid arthritis,
  • Sjogren’s syndrome – characterized by dry eyes, mouth and other mucous membranes,
  • Dühring’s dermatitis herpetiformis (dermatological ailment),
  • thrombocytopenic purpura (Werlhof disease) – bleeding into the skin and bleeding from the mucous membranes,
  • hemolytic anemia (destruction of red blood cells),
  • autoimmune hepatitis – inflammation of the liver tissue,
  • diseases of a neurological and mental nature,
  • autism,
  • miscarriage,
  • infertility,
  • sarcoidosis (the formation of nodes on organs and connective tissue),
  • hyperparathyroidism, osteoporosis,
  • intestinal permeability, development of food intolerances,
  • Crohn’s disease,
  • migraine.published by econet.ru

    Subscribe to our youtube channel!

    The best publications in the Telegram channel Econet.ru

PS And remember, just by changing your consumption – together we are changing the world! © econet

* Articles from Econet.ru are intended for informational and educational purposes only and do not replace professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult your doctor for any questions you may have about your health condition.


Похожие записи

5 powerful antioxidants for eye health

Cordelia King

How to fix drooping eyebrows?

Cordelia King

Colloidal silver – what is it and what is it used for?

Cordelia King

Leave a Comment